The Soul Grind is seen as a basic grind and once mastered again can look very stylish.
We recommend that beginners approach this trick with moderate speed. As you are approaching the obstacle you are grinding, spot where you want to land on it, then jump and lock in your soul foot, at the same time bring your non-souling foot and lock it in front of your souling foot at 90 degrees (your H-block). To make sure you keep your balance try to move your body into the same position you would be in for a Frontside Grind.
It is best to skate straight at the object you are about to grind unless you are going to attempt to spin onto it. It also helps if you jump and lock straight into the grind rather than stepping into it. This usually looks very bad and is not he correct way to complete the Soul Grind.
Adding style to the Soul Grind is quite easy, just try to get as low as possible and experiment with where your feet feel most comfortable.
So to Soul Grind:
• Approach with moderate speed (beginners: remember the more speed you have the easier it is to balance).
• Spot where you want to land on the obstacle.
• Jump and lock your soul foot into the obstacle and at the same time lock your non-souling foot into place at 90 degrees (your H-block) in-frount of your souling foot.
• Turn your body into a Frontside Grind position for balance.
• Jump off normally or Spin if you’re feeling adventurous.